Registration for the 2015-16 School Year
Registration and enrollment for the 2015-16 school year for grades K-12 continues through the last full day of instruction – May 26, 2016.
Registration for the 2016-17 School Year
Registration for the 2016-17 school runs from April 12 through June 3 to allow time for parents to complete the enrollment process prior to schools going on summer break. Registration for 2016-17 continues June 6 through the last full day of instruction in May 2017. Those registering beginning June 3 may need to wait until the end of July to complete the enrollment process at the assigned school.
APS Welcome Center
- The APS Welcome Center serves immigrant students and their families.
Enrollment in Aurora Public Schools is a simple two-step process:
- Step 1: Visit the Centralized Admissions (CA) office to complete the registration process. Prior to your visit to Centralized Admissions you may complete your registration forms online or print a hard copy. You may also complete the forms when you visit CA. You may register all of your school-aged children into the school district at one time. Please bring all of the required documents to the Centralized Admissions office. No appointment is necessary.
- Step 2: Parents and students visit the neighborhood or assigned school to enroll and obtain class assignments, schedules and other information unique to each school.
Click on the links below for information on documents required for admissions, copies of admissions forms or the link to the APS registration online forms option, centralized admissions location and hours, answers to frequently asked questions, and information about specialized programs offered by the district.
Change of Address:
Families who have changed their address and currently have a student enrolled in Aurora Public Schools will need to visit Centralized Admissions within 60 days of moving to update their address. You will be required to provide approved current proof of residency and fill out a short Student Demographic Change Form.
APS Online Registration (OLR) Forms Option
Before you begin the online process, please gather the following:
- Household information – address and phone numbers
- Parent information – work and cell phone n umbers, email addresses
- Student information – birth certificate, demographic and health/medication information
- Emergency contacts – phone numbers, email addresses and physical addresses
To finalize the admission process, you will need to visit Centralized Admissions to provide copies of:
- Photo ID of parent/legal guardian
- the biological, foster or adoptive parent may enroll the student
- guardians must have proper guardianship forms signed and notarized or a copy of court authorization
- custody documentation is required, if applicable
- Birth certificate of student
- Current proof of residency (sorry, no disconnection notices) – for complete list see the link required documents below.
If you rent/own:
- Warranty Deed or Deed of Trust with last 60 days
- Signed purchase contract with closing date no more than 60 days out
- Current signed lease agreement
- Current month or previous month’s utility bill i.e. gas, electric, home phone (not cell) water or cable – bill must show parent/legal guardian’s name and service address
- Adams or Arapahoe County property tax bill for current year
If you live with someone:
Current notarized letter from the owner/renter of the residence with whom you live stating the length of time you will be staying, the address and your names and current proof of address from the owner/renter of the residence (see above)
If your living situation is not mentioned above, please contact us at 303-326-2200 for further assistance.
- Immunization records (state law)
- Legal documents pertaining to custody/guardianship
- All documents printed during the online registration process pertaining to special programs
The registration process will take approximately 20 minutes to complete. Required fields are marked with a red asterisk. Please be careful with spelling, capitalization and punctuation. Dates should be entered at MM/DD/YYYY and phone numbers as XXX-XXX-XXXX.
For questions or information regarding preschool, please contact the Early Childhood Education Department
Centralized Admissions Links:
- Required documents
- Admissions forms or APS Registration Online Option
- Immunization Requirements
- Centralized admissions location and hours
- Frequently asked questions
- Kindergarten registration
- Early Access
- Open Enrollment
- Address lookup tool
- List of Schools in APS
- District and School Maps
- Fast Facts about APS